How to use the Alert Builder in the SMC HTF Indicator
The Alert Builder is a new feature where users can create conditional alerts that will only fire off when multiple criteria have been met. The alert builder allows traders to progra their own alerts based on Smart Money Concepts. Users can create what conditions they want by changing each of the “Steps” in the settings under “Alert Builder”. Once all the sequence of steps is completed in order without interruption, a final alert will be sent.
Steps are made up of 3 sections, the DIRECTION, ACTION, and TIMEFRAME.
- Internal - Is true every time internal structure is bullish/bearish (what you’ve chosen above as your direction)
- BOS Internal - is true on each Internal Break of Structure
- CHoCH Internal - is true on each Internal Change of Character
- Swing - Is true every time swing structure is bullish/bearish (what you’ve chosen above as your direction)
- BOS Swing - is true on each Swing Break of Structure
- CHoCH Swing - is true on each Swing Change of Characte
- Inside OB - is true when price has entered an Order Block.
Chart - Chart is the Time Frame you are currently viewing, listed next to the Symbol Name at the top left of the TradingView Window
2 - This is the second Timeframe you have selected at the top of the settings
3 - This is the third Timeframe you have selected at the top of the settings
Timeframe 1 = Chart = 1HR
Timeframe 2 = 4H
Timeframe 3 = Daily
Step 1 will pass when price is inside a Bullish 4H Order Block
Step 2 will pass when price creates a 1HR CHoCH
Once both Step 1 and 2 (Step 3 is off) are complete, the indicator will send an alert
Direction - Choose whether you are looking for a bullish or bearish alert set up. This will also change the direction of the alert labels on the chart. Labels below showing Bullish, Labels above showing Bearish.
Alert Message - Choose the message of your alert
Alert Opposite Direction - If you are looking for a bullish set up, toggling this option on will get the indicator to automatically look for the set up in the opposite direction (Bearish). For example, in the above images we are only looking for bullish setups, but there is also bearish signals on the chart because we have "Alert Opposite Direction" turned on
Alert Message (For Opposite Direction) - Choose the message of your opposite alert. If you are using Webhooks, this is where you would enter your details